We all know that water is essential for our survival, but more and more people are turning to bottled water as their primary source of hydration. While there are many brands to choose from, is bottled water really the best option?
The answer is: it depends. While tap water is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), bottled water is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The FDA has stricter regulations when it comes to labelling and contaminants, but there are still some concerns about the quality of bottled water. One of the biggest concerns is the use of plastic bottles. Plastic can leach chemicals into the water, which can be harmful to our health.
There are also environmental concerns about the production and transportation of bottled water. If you’re concerned about the quality of your tap water, or you don’t have access to clean water, bottled water may be the best option.
Though Americans have access to some of the cleanest water in the world, they still spent $13 billion dollars on bottled water in 2021. Why? Some people prefer the taste of bottled water or think it’s healthier.
Others buy it because it’s more convenient than tap water, or because they’re worried about contaminants in their local water supply. Is bottled water worth the extra cost? Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons.
Pros of Bottled Water:
- It’s easy to transport and store.
- Bottled water is regulated by the FDA, so it must meet certain safety standards.
- You can buy it almost anywhere.
- Some people prefer the taste of bottled water.
- It’s a good alternative if your tap water is contaminated.
Cons of Bottled Water:
- It’s expensive. A gallon of bottled water can cost up to 10 times more than tap water.
- It’s bad for the environment. It takes a lot of energy and water to the bottle and transport water. And only about 20% of plastic bottles are recycled.
- The quality isn’t always better. In some cases, bottled water is just tap water that’s been repackaged. And it can be just as vulnerable to contaminants.
- It’s not always convenient. If you’re out and about, it’s easy to grab a bottle of water. But if you’re at home, it’s just as easy to fill a glass with tap water.
Drinking purified water is important for good health. impurities in the water can lead to health problems. Some impurities, such as lead, can cause serious health problems if people are exposed to them for a long time.
Purified water is also important for making sure that medicinal drugs are effective. Many drugs are dissolved in water before they are taken. If the water contains impurities, the drugs may not work correctly.
There are many ways to purify water. The most common method is to filter it. Filters can remove many types of impurities, including dirt, sand, and small pieces of organic matter. Another way to purify water is to distil it. Distillation removes all impurities, including dissolved minerals and chemicals.
Water can also be purified by an RO water filter. This process removes dissolved minerals and other impurities.
Pros of purified water:
- Purified water is free of contaminants that could be harmful to your health.
- Drinking purified water can help you stay hydrated and improve your overall health.
- Purified water can also be used for cooking and cleaning, and it will not leave behind any harmful residues.
Cons of purified water:
- Purified water can be more expensive than regular tap water.
- Some purification methods can remove beneficial minerals from water, making it less healthy to drink.
- Purified water can also have a flat taste.
Bottled Water Vs. Purified Water
There are many different types of water that people can choose from these days. Two of the most popular options are bottled water and purified water. So, which one is the better choice?
Here is a look at the pros and cons of each type of water to help you decide which one is right for you. Bottled water is convenient and easy to find. You can buy it just about anywhere, and it doesn’t require any special equipment to drink.
Bottled water is usually safe to drink since companies that bottled water is regulated by the FDA. However, there are some downsides to bottled water. First of all, it is expensive. A gallon of purified water costs about the same as a gallon of gasoline.
Additionally, bottled water is often no better than tap water in terms of purity. In fact, some studies have shown that bottled water can actually be more contaminated than tap water.
Purified water is water that has been treated to remove impurities. This can be done through RO water filter, distillation, or other methods. Purified water is generally safe to drink, although it can sometimes have a strange taste.
The biggest advantage of purified water is that it is much cheaper than bottled water. A gallon of purified water costs about as much as a cup of coffee. Additionally, purified water is usually much purer than bottled water.
So, which is the better choice? It depends on your needs and preferences. If you want water that is convenient and easy to find, then bottled water is a good choice. However, if you want water that is pure and affordable, then purified water is the better choice.